Friday, February 16, 2018

Virtual Library Tours




I love visiting school libraries. They're all so different. During a recent #ArkTLChat, someone brought up how they wished we could all do on-site visits to see how each person had their school library set up. I have had several school librarians in my area of Arkansas come visit my library to observe, and I have gone to others. But, there is no way humanly possible to visit every library in your PLN.

What's a librarian to do?

Virtual tours!!
Image result for flipgrid
Using Flipgrid, I've created a grid for Professional Development that I use when I host or teach sessions. I created a topic on the grid for Virtual Tours. We want to see your library. Show us what you're doing.



Do you have a problem space you need help re-configuring?
Not enough storage?
Do you have some awesome library hacks like this one you can share?


If you have never used Flipgrid, don't worry. It's super easy and super fun! And if you would like a *free* trial code to try out the classroom subscription, let me know. As an ambassador, I'll be more than happy to provide one to you. 

I use these awesome directions created by Claudio Zavala (@ClaudioZavalaJr). I love the simplicity of them and the images help guide the littles through the steps. 


Show us your library. We can't wait to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment